John Neway Herrman works as a lawyer and Senior Associate with a special focus in the areas of commercial contract law, IT & telecom, Fintech and Venture Capital. In his areas of expertise, he advises clients on issues related to outsourcing deals, licensing, IT Contracts, tech / digitalization, sales and purchases of goods and services, distribution and other types of strategic partnerships and capital raising.
John regularly represents banks and other businesses in the outsourcing of their critical or important functions to e.g. cloud service providers and the regulatory requirements that follow, companies in the manufacturing and service sectors, fintech companies and start-up companies as well as investors in the tech industry. In his areas of expertise, John is a frequent speaker and participates in international conferences.
- Advising one of the major financial institutions in Europe on a cross-border regulatory investigation (+30 jurisdictions,) in regard to certain issues relating to local application on the PSD2 Directive.
- Advising major financial institution in the outsourcing transaction of a critical IT-system including the continued compliance with EBA-Guidelines in regard to e.g. Critical or important functions
- Advising clients operating within the software industry with regard to drafting partner and application development agreement
- Advising industrial client with regard to a complex cross border distribution agreement
- Part of the team advising Industrifonden on the investment in the game developer Fast Travel Games
- Part of the team advising a client operating in the telecom industry on the investment in a company active within property tech